|Two Idiots and a Baby|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||February 8, 2004 (USA)
September 26, 2004 (Canada)
|Written by||Steven Molaro|
|Directed by||Virgil L. Fabian|
Believe Me, Brother
Josh is sanding his Catapult while Drake is trying to work on a song in their bedroom. When Mr. Galloway and Mrs. Galloway arrive, Josh offers to babysit Max, much to Drake's dismay while Audrey and Walter go out to dinner with the Galloways. After that, Megan calls the house phone after she superglued the phone which causes him to start crying after she pranks him. Drake and Josh try many things to get Max to stop crying and assist Rina, Paul, and Scottie for help. After Drake and Josh struggle to get Max changed, they sing I've Been Working on the Railroad so that way Max can sleep. When Drake leaves to play at a concert, Josh found out that Max disappeared.
Josh finds Max who is lost around the house, then he acts like him while his mom calls him on the phone. He ends up getting stuck on the roof after the ladder got knocked down. When Drake got home after his concert got cancelled, he asked Josh about Max until he figured out where Max is. Drake goes to the garage to find Megan and he confronts her about Max. When Audrey, Walter, and the Galloways arrive home, they found Josh hanging on the roof until Josh lands on Mr. Galloway. Josh is very worried about Max when his parents and the Galloways try to go inside the house. Everyone arrives at the house to find Max with Drake and Megan. Mr. and Mrs. Galloway pick up Max as he continues to sleep. Audrey and Walter wanted to thank Drake and Josh for babysitting Max all throughout the night.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Johnny Lewis as Scottie
- Molly Orr as Rina
- Jeremy Ray Valdez as Paul
- Ashton St. Thomas-Love and Jonas St. Thomas-Love as Max Galloway
- Larry Thomas as Mr. Galloway
- Kimmy Robertson as Mrs. Galloway
- Tom Kenny as Singing Bear
Click here to view the gallery
Click here to view the transcript
- The title is a spoof of the movie Three Men and a Baby.
- This episode from season 1 along with First Crush and Grammy haven't aired on TeenNick since September 2012 after Johnny Lewis passed away due to his accidental death as a result of a fall. However, the episode is still available on any streaming services such as Hulu, iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, and Paramount+.
- This episode has been shown on a Henry Danger episode
- This episode is the first Dan Schneider production to ever show partial nudity as Drake, Josh, and Megan were washing Max naked and his butt is briefly shown.
- In the episode, during the Schneider's Bakery closing credit, Dan says "Mmmm!" slightly differently. Also, the Nickelodeon light-bulb logo hums 6 times for the first time in TV order but not DVD order (on the DVD, episode 6 plays first then this).
- This is the first episode where all scenes take place at night.
- Though the opening comment takes place at afternoon with Drake & Josh wearing the same clothes.
- This is the first episode where Drake and Josh sing a song together.
- This is also the first episode where the boys fight each other briefly.
- Megan's Pranks: Gluing the phone together to make Max cry and probably hiding Max to worry Josh.
- When Josh is trying to pull off the phone from the base, the phone gets thrown across the room in the fish tank and breaks. Then about two scenes later, the phone is back on the table fixed up.
- When Max pees on Drake, Josh, and Megan, the pee can still be visibly seen on Josh, but not Drake. His pee comes from the sink and rotating.
- There are never any vines or leaves surrounding Drake and Josh's window, but whenever we see them looking out, the leaves and vines are around it.
- When Josh flings the football out the window, you see it go down, but later it's on the roof. If it bounced, it wouldn't have bounced that high.
- When Josh is dangling from the gutter, you hear Josh say he didn't feed Sheldon in kindergarten, causing Sheldon to pass away. In the opening sequence of Playing the Field, Josh says that his pet turtle, Sheldon passed away when he was in 3rd grade.
- It is likely that his 3rd grade class got another turtle named Sheldon and that one likely died as well.
- It's not Josh that falls on Walter's boss when he jumps from the roof. If you look carefully it's just a dummy with Josh's clothes on.
- After Josh smelled the diaper and fainted, you can clearly see the pad he fell on at the bottom of the screen.