- "COME ON, DORA! You're the one with the map, don't ask me!"
- ―Crazy Steve while watching Dora the Explorer on TV
|Season 4, Episode 8|
|Air date||January 7, 2007|
|Written by||George Doty IV|
|Directed by||Steve Hoefer|
I Love Sushi
My Dinner with Bobo
The Storm is the eighth episode of the fourth season of Drake & Josh.
Josh buys a bus to take Drake, his band, and their friends to their concert (Josh makes no further appearances in this episode), but Walter's inaccurate weather predictions cause an incoming storm to catch them by surprise. So, everyone stays at their house as the show was canceled. The lights eventually go out all over San Diego.
Megan reunites Drake's girlfriend, Carly, and his two ex-girlfriends, Lucy and Christine keep talking and laughing. This makes Drake nervous about the universe "exploding", and he tries to eavesdrop on them.
Gavin flirts with Audrey and Walter's angry boss, Mr. Galloway, forces him to go downtown and do a live outdoor weather broadcast, but he is left alone and two men rob him of his shirt and jacket. As the crank on the crankable television breaks off, everyone sings We Will Rock You by Queen, ending the episode.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Alec Medlock as Craig Ramirez
- Scott Halberstadt as Eric Blonowitz
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Helen Dubois
- Jake Farrow as Gavin Mitchell
- Jerry Trainor as Crazy Steve
- Gabrielle Christian as Lucy
- Brittany Curran as Carly
- Sarah Christine Smith as Christine
- Amy Amerson as Elaine
- Shiloh Fernandez as Julio
- Greg Hain as Anthony
- Dan Mott as Gary
- This is the only episode where Drake and Josh's house is the only setting.
- Josh gets a bus for the band. He mentions he got the bus from getabus.org, which redirects to iCarly.com (which now redirects to the Nickelodeon web-page for iCarly). getabus.org was also mentioned on iCarly.
- Walter thinks the word touché is pronounced "toosh". He made the same mistake in the episode "Driver's License".
- Drake has a different band in every season.
- Josh only appeared in the opening sequence and the first scene of this episode, speaking only about 111 words in the intro, and 219 words total, marking his most minor appearance in any episode to date. This is the only episode Josh is seen once he heads to the park, making Drake the only character without him. It's because he's at the park and was unable to come home as he was stuck there all night during the rainstorm. Josh is mentioned a few times by Drake talking to him on the phone and Craig and Eric mentioning him about his limeade he made.
- Drake mentions "Spin City Records" and Gavin mentions "B.F. Wangs", which is a parody of P.F. Chang's.
- At the end of the episode, everyone sings "We Will Rock You". However, on DVDs and international airings, everyone sings "Let's Get This Party Started", presumably due to rights issues.
- Crazy Steve watches the "Dora The Explorer" episode "Louder!"
- Megan puts Drake's girlfriend and two ex-girlfriends together, against his wishes. This is presumably her revenge on Drake for giving Gary (his drummer) one of her shirts without her permission earlier in the episode, though considering all the bad things she has done to him and Josh, her revenge here is relatively mild in comparison.
- Trevor, Scottie, Rina and Paul didn't appear or mention this episode and is because due to their getting brain scans every month and probably reveal that Trevor, Scottie, Rina, and Paul has banned from the Drake & Josh house by Walter and Audrey since the events of Dune Buggy and Grammy.
- Crazy Steve mentions Dora so much while watching her on TV but he doesn't mention Boots although both Dora and Boots were briefly seen on TV wearing their pajamas instead of their normal clothes.
- This episode can be heard in the iCarly episode iGet Pranky when Spencer is watching TV, and Crazy Steve can be heard who are both portrayed by Jerry Trainor.
- Even though Josh rents a bus, it never shows up to the Parker-Nichols house.
- It is likely the bus could not make it to the house due to the storm and the roads being flooded,
- You can tell by the way Walter reluctantly agrees to do the weather broadcast downtown that Mr. Galloway threatened to fire him for his bad weather predictions if he didn't.
- Helen is revealed to be Jewish when she mentions that she went to her niece's bat mitzvah.
- This was the first episode to air in 2007.
- As of 2014, this is the only episode from season 4 that haven't aired on television. However, the episode is still available on any streaming services such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Paramount+.
- Most dubbed versions actually use audio from their Dora the Explorer dub, when Crazy Steve is watching it.
- Audrey was obviously in a state of confusion because of the fact that the roof leaking meant that she would pay a lot to get the ceiling fixed. But it should be noted she almost put Drake's life at risk by trying to make him go up to the roof to fix the leak in the middle of a storm as he could have been badly injured, or even died trying to do so. The same thing could've happened to Eric.
- It's unknown why it never happened to him too but they had to do something to fix the leak in the roof, they can't just leave it there.
- Josh was throwing the party as a surprise for Drake and his band, but when Drake was talking to Eric about his ex-girlfriends being at the party, Drake said that shouldn't have happened because he invited Carly to the party. How did Drake invite Carly to the party if it was a surprise?
- He could have just invited her to see his band play.
- Megan finds a leak in the house roof, Audrey tells Drake that there's a tarp in the garage and tells him to go and fix it but instead, asks Eric to do it. Drake tells Eric that his mom wants him to go up on the roof to fix the leak, but when Eric is seen hanging from outside the window, Audrey could've asked Drake why Eric is on the roof fixing the leak.
- If it's raining outside and the concert is canceled with the whole stage underwater like Drake mentioned, then why didn't Josh come home during the night?
- It was likely that the storm was so bad that he had to seek refuge somewhere until the rain stops.
- Crazy Steve says that Dora has to find the banana tree, but the episode "Louder!" doesn't have a banana tree in it and was never even supposed to go to one. She and Boots were in their pajamas, and the episode was actually about a little chicken wanting to "Cock A Doodle Doo" to wake up the sun.