|Playing the Field|
|Season 3, Episode 6|
|Air date||June 4, 2005|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Roger Christiansen|
Playing the Field is the sixth episode of the third season of Drake & Josh. It aired on June 4, 2005.
Drake fears that he may soon break up with Tori (Torrey DeVitto), his most recent girlfriend. When he wants to win her love back again, Drake finds out Tori is already seeing other boys, so he goes on a date with another girl, Liza Tupper, to make Tori jealous. Josh also grows a mustache, but nobody approves of it. Megan makes jokes about it and Mindy gives Josh a razor to shave his mustache. Eventually, Mindy pays Megan $30 to shave off Josh's mustache while he sleeps. Megan is caught by Drake in the act, and is only able to shave off half of it. This leads Josh to fill in the other half with Magic Marker with the help of Mindy, making him look ridiculous.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Allison Scagliotti as Mindy Crenshaw
- Jake Farrow as Gavin Mitchell
- Sofia Sokolov as Liza Tupper
- Torrey DeVitto as Tori
- Ryan Alvarez as Robbie
- Jason Maves as Brent
- Audrey and Walter do not appear on this episode.
- This is Torrey DeVitto's second appearance in the series, she previously guest starred in Season 2's "Driver's License" as Denise Woods.
- Tori mentions the episode title when she says something like "I've been playing the field".
- This episode might be a reference to the Full House episode, "Stephanie Plays the Field".
- This is the only episode Josh has a mustache.
- When Drake mentions Willy Wonka to Josh, he reveals that from Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory.
- Liza is later mentioned in Dr. Phyllis Show, which reveals she is the daughter of the show's titular host.
- This episode was featured, on a special podcast called Drinking' Josh. Listen to archives here
- In the opening sequence when Drake and Josh speak to the camera, Josh says that his pet turtle, Sheldon passed away when he was in third grade. However in the episode, Two Idiots and a Baby when Josh is dangling from the gutter, you hear Josh say that he was in this situation because he didn't feed Sheldon in kindergarten, causing Sheldon to pass on.