|Peruvian Puff Pepper|
|Season 3, Episode 2|
|Air date||April 9, 2005|
|Written by||Steve Holland|
|Directed by||Steve Hoefer|
The Drake & Josh Inn
Peruvian Puff Pepper is the second episode of the third season of Drake & Josh.
Josh enters a salsa making contest and asks Drake to help him in order to win the prize, a plasma screen TV. Megan wants to help the boys win the TV, but they decline, wanting to keep the prize for themselves. In revenge, Megan sabotages their salsa, causing it to explode all over the kitchen, with the boys taking the blame. Drake and Josh, sick of getting blamed for all of Megan's pranks, try to dig up some proof of her deviousness, and discover a surveillance panel in her room, only for them to get in more trouble when the panel is hidden when they attempt to show their parents. Megan then enters the salsa contest on her own, and obtains a "Peruvian Puff Pepper," a rare pepper that could guarantee her victory, so the boys steal the pepper and use it in their salsa instead. Drake and Josh go on to win the contest, but they are disqualified when they reveal their secret, as Peruvian Puff Peppers are illegal in the United States, leaving Megan as the winner. Although she realizes that the boys believe that she set them up, she convinces them she is not that smart to do that. At the end, Megan watches the boys repaint the kitchen after the earlier incident through her new TV.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- This episode is one of the most hated episodes of the show due to how Megan treats Drake and Josh throughout and how she, once again, wins at the end of the episode while the duo gets no happy ending whatsoever. People also blame Walter and Audrey for believing Megan's stories over the duo's, despite the fact that there's absolutely zero proof they were responsible for the mess.
- In the iCarly episode iToe Fat Cakes, Carly is seen watching a part of this episode (specifically, a part with Megan in it). Megan and Carly were both played by Miranda Cosgrove, so Carly was basically watching herself.
- When Walter, Megan, and Audrey are watching TV right before the salsa explodes, they are watching the Zoey 101 episode "Defending Dustin".
- When Drake and Josh go into Megan's room when they found out about her entering the contest, the picture frame that opens up her surveillance panel is open.
- This is the third episode in which Josh is wearing an earring with the first two being Pilot and First Crush.
- In the beginning, it is implied that Josh lost a limb (off screen) from cutting the tomatoes. In the scene afterward, he has a bandage on his pinky.
- This is almost the first episode Drake and Josh almost finally get Megan in trouble by trying to show their parents all of the cameras she's got in her room behind her picture on the wall but they still didn't bust her or get her by trying to prove her pranks to their parents but still doesn't believe them because she always knows what Drake and Josh are up to.
- When Megan watches Drake and Josh on her new TV she got from the salsa contest, she names her made-up show Boob and Boober, a parody of Dumb & Dumber.
- Megan's new TV in her room would not appear in any later episodes.
- Josh has a flashback of season 2 episodes featuring The Bet, Guitar, Smart Girl, Blues Brothers, Driver's License, and Mean Teacher.
- When Megan asks Drake and Josh where the Peruvian puff peppers went after stealing them, Drake makes up an excuse to hide the fact that they took it by saying if it's a name of a band. This could be a reference to the real-life rock band, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- In the end, Drake and Josh are fixing the kitchen, but in the scene before Drake and Josh go to knock down the poster in Megan's room to find nothing in it, the kitchen is completely unharmed.
- During the scene where Drake and Josh remember all the horrible things Megan has done to them, it includes the scene from Guitar in which Drake's guitar exploded when it was actually Josh who caused it.
- Also in that scene, it even includes the scene from The Bet where Megan slaps Josh, though Josh wanted her to do that.
- When the salsa explodes, Walter clearly looks at Megan while she is smiling, but doesn't question it.
- In the first scene, Drake cuts Josh's pinky finger while cutting tomatoes. In the next scene, he has a bandage on the finger. In all the scenes afterward, however, his pinky appears to be completely unharmed with no bandage.
- The Peruvian Puff Peppers are illegal in America, as stated in this episode. However, in the iCarly episode "iCook", the iCarly trio used it on their spaghetti tacos and won.
- Characters in iCarly sometimes watched Drake & Josh as a TV show, so the peppers may only be illegal in the Drake & Josh universe and not the iCarly universe. Alternatively, they could have been legalized by the time that iCarly episode occurred.
- In the scene where Josh wanted to taste Megan's salsa, in the background, you can see the button used to reveal the control panel used to prank Drake and Josh/
- After Josh says "Let's steal those puff peppers", there is an arrow sound implying a transition, yet we don't see an arrow.
- However there is an arrow transition from the house exterior to them at bedtime.
- Drake and Josh splatter salsa everywhere in the kitchen but in other scenes when it shows the kitchen, all of the salsa is gone.
- Josh says you can't cook salsa on the stove but he's wrong about that, you can cook salsa if you want, you can make salsa however you want in lots of ways, it doesn't matter how you make it.
- Drake and Josh did Internet research on the Peruvian puff pepper before deciding to steal it, and Megan may have also researched the pepper before for her own salsa, so it is strange that they did not come across any information about the pepper being banned in the United States.
- In real life, Megan would be grounded for this and could not be in the contest.
- Megan's Prank: Making Drake and Josh's salsa explode. Tricking them into thinking they will win the contest with the Peruvian Puff Peppers.