|Season 3, Episode 13|
|Air date||February 4, 2006 |
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Steve Hoefer|
Megan's New Teacher
Little Sibling is the thirteenth episode of the third season of Drake & Josh.
To keep from being sent to remedial English by Mrs. Hayfer (a class with lack of discipline that includes poorly behaved students, a vicious dog named Cuddles that's controlled by a mean kid who's portrayed by Bill Parks, and 2 Gothic love starved Bartleby sisters trying to kiss him), Drake agrees to look after a boy named Sammy. Sammy ends up liking Josh more than Drake and often excludes him. Josh and Sammy enjoy cooking and make a Chef Show on Josh's video camera. Sammy says that Josh is cool and Josh is flattered, saying that most people think Drake is cooler. Not wanting to go to Remedial English as a result to being unsuccessful in bonding with Sammy, Drake desperately tries to re-interest him. Although he succeeds, he realizes that Sammy truly prefers Josh after watching the Chef Show the two made. He then pretends to be sick (pancreas troubles) so Sammy and Josh can go to a magic show. Megan questions Drake, who admits to faking, oblivious to the fact that Josh was listening in. Mrs. Hayfer later finds out about Sammy being with Josh more and now Drake is sent to Remedial English. Josh then repays Drake back by getting him out of Remedial English as a thank you.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Julia Duffy as Mrs. Hayfer
- Jerry Lacy as Mr. Hayfer
- Jordan Wright as Sammy
- Vanessa Hudgens as Becca
- Annabelle Milne and Laura Ortiz as Goth Girls (Love starved Bartleby Sisters by Drake)
- Kris Palm as Tyler
- Bill Parks as Mean Kid With Vicious Dog
- Audrey and Walter do not appear on this episode.
- This episode marks the third time someone thought Josh was cool. The first was in Football. The second was in Megan's New Teacher.
- Josh claims it's a first that people [someone] thought [thinks] he is cool, yet in Football, he was called "Cool" by Drake.
- When Drake and Josh are watching the near ending, there is no laugh track even though there was when in the video. It's possible this show used a live off-screen audience or that the editors edited them (the tracks) out on the cutting room floor.
- When Josh gives Sammy some fountain drinks, Mocha Cola is a parody of Coca Cola and Mountain Fizz is a parody of Mountain Dew.
- This is the first episode seeing Mrs. Hayfer at The Premiere.
- Sammy is from an organization called "Little Sibling", which is a parody of the real-life organization "Big Brothers Big Sisters," which partners adult youth mentors with children and teenagers to educate and guide them as a positive influence.
- Sammy is mentioned in Dr. Phyllis Show as a flashback from this episode, but he's not seen.
- This is the first time that we see a mean kid and a vicious dog in Remedial English and the Gothic love starved Bartleby Sisters appear in the setting that Mrs. Hayfer had an evil solution about sending Drake to if he didn't do anything with Sammy.
- Right after Josh says, "It's kind of nice to have someone think it's the other way around for once," Drake comes in, but when Drake watches the tape, Josh is heard saying: "Thanks, Sammy," before Drake comes in.
- In the scene where Sammy arrives at Drake and Josh's house and Drake pretending to be sick, it's afternoon time but as soon as Josh and Sammy leave the house for the magic show, it's suddenly nighttime.
- It is likely that they did other activities in the afternoon and then went to the show in the evening.
- Drake mentioned to Sammy about the all you can eat ice cream buffet so they could've done that before the magic show instead of after, they're not seen going to the ice cream buffet even though it was something in mind.
- Sammy laying on the movie theater counter while Josh sprays sodas in his mouth from the hose could lead to Josh getting fired and pose as a health risk, even though Helen is absent.