- "HUG ME, BROTHA!"
- ―Josh's line throughout the series
|Age Group:||13 (Unaired Pilot)|
14-15 (season 1)
15-16 (season 2)
16-17 (season 3)
17-18 (Season 4)
20 (Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh)
|Birthday:||November 10, 1989|
|Alias:||Albert Einstein (costume for his students)|
Alvin Yakitori (fake ID)
|Interests:||Getting good grades at school, Hanging out with Drake, Watching The Oprah Winfrey Show
Playing video games
Able to do magic tricks
|Lives In:||Los Angeles, California|
|Education:||Bellview High School, 9th Grade(Season 1)|
10th Grade(Season 2)
11th Grade(Season 3)
12th Grade(Season 4)
College, freshman(Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh)
|Brothers:||Drake Parker (older step-brother)|
|Sisters:||Megan Parker (younger step-sister)|
|Mother:||Jonnah Nichols (mother)|
Audrey Parker-Nichols (step-mother)
|Girlfriend:||Mindy Crenshaw (girlfriend)|
|Grandparents:||Grammy Nichols (grandmother)|
Papa Nichols (great-grandfather)
|Aunts:||Catherine Parker (step-great-aunt)|
Sheldon (turtle; deceased)
|Nemesis:||Helen Dubois (sometimes)|
Mindy Crenshaw (formerly)
Drake Parker (sometimes)
Thornton Locke (hates him after being uninvited to his birthday party)
Paolo (mentioned in Number One Fan)
|Employment:||Worker at The Premiere|
Assistant Manager at The Premiere
|Portrayed by:||Josh Peck|
|Last Appearance:||Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh|
Joshua Michael "Josh" Nichols is one of the two main protagonists in the show, Drake & Josh. He is portrayed to be a fun and caring step-brother to Drake, and is often Drake's scapegoat when it comes to getting into trouble. Although he is often known as the 'responsible' part of the relationship, Drake unintentionally pulls Josh into trouble, which Josh does not like.
Josh is also portrayed to be smart, often getting straight A's in his class, and is often competition with his worst rival, but later girlfriend, Mindy Crenshaw. Their constant rivalry during the first season fuels Drake's scapegoat when it comes to getting out of trouble. During the middle of season 2, Josh finds a job working at The Premiere, making a reasonable amount of money, while Drake temporarily worked there.
As a stereotypical 'nerd' of the school, Josh finds his social life awkward. He is unable to fluently and smoothly talk to girls around the school, and as Drake's step-brother, Drake fears his humiliation being involved with Josh. However, he later overcomes this fear when he went out with Mindy, even if he is still unable to fluently talk to girls. Josh is also constantly reminding Drake to be more responsible, rather than to go out with another girl, and this is shown to be extremely impacting to his grades.
Josh is in constant war with his step-sister Megan, often being the victim of her childish pranks. Especially pivotal in the second season, Josh also has a dark side. His constant victimization is influential to how he responds to Megan, and he is often oblivious to her surroundings, which allows Megan to pick off Josh easily. One such prank included the superglue chair prank, which was one of Megan's signature pranks throughout season 2.
However, Josh has grown accustomed to how Megan behaves, and his attitude towards Megan has significantly changed by season 4. An example of this is the episode, Megan's Revenge. After stunning Megan's hamster, Josh fears the snap might have killed the hamster, rather than merely stun it. As a result of this, Josh fears that she might seek revenge as she "has a reason" to, and as a result of this fear, is on constant unrest and alert. In the end, however, Megan's revenge was to watch Josh suffer through endless stress and anxiety.
Josh has a knack for dancing and music, although he doesn't tend to embrace it. His rendition of Soul Man for the Belleview Talent Show at the Premiere, along with Drake and his band, won the Talent Show, highlights his talent for dancing, shown in the episode, Blues Brothers. Another key moment in his embrace for dance and music comes in season 4, Dance Contest. Josh's initial dancing performance comes when he shows off his dance moves in the Premiere Theater, which then his co-workers suggest that he try out the local dance contest. However, the key performance comes in his final dance with Drake, in a desperation to perform, where his talented dance moves come into play, eventually winning first prize.
In the end, Josh lives in a pretty ordinary world with a cool step-brother and an 'evil' step-sister. He has grown to love the family, including Megan.
Usually when Josh gets into trouble and he has trouble explaining things when he usually whimpers.
Josh is born November 10th, 1989 to Walter and Jonnah Nichols, Josh comes in a well-educated family, and this is reflected in the upbringing of Josh as a person. His attitude towards studies and family are reflective of a normal person. He enjoys the company of his family.
After Josh's father and Drake's mother got engaged, Josh decided to move in with Drake in order to start one big family. Drake, reluctant about Josh moving in, decides to let Josh stay in his room, and by sharing one big room with Josh, the relationship the two have had during the moving phase slowly dissipate. An example of this is Drake's reluctance to Josh hugging him during Pilot. However, it is shown that Drake begins to grow accustomed to Josh's temperament, and his reluctance becomes voluntary.
Relationships with Other Characters
Before they became brothers Drake thought Josh was weird however Josh said Drake was OK and decided to give him a chance. At first he was excited because he was going to have a step-brother but then he decided Drake was just selfish when he used his Ms. Nancy clique to get Tiffany to herself. At the end of the pilot they make up and grow a strong, trusting brother ship. Later on the series they've seen cause trouble and pain to each other and in "Josh is Done", Drake's selfishness finally pushes Josh to remove Drake from his life and by that point, he considered him a roommate and nothing more. However, after Drake confessed remorse for being a terrible brother and how much he needed him in his life following a chemical accident in science class, Josh reconciles with him and Drake. Though how much trouble they cause each other, they always make up at the end, usually by saying "Hug me, brother!".
Megan is usually seen insulting, pranking or harassing her step-brother. Josh usually calls Megan evil and acts like he dislikes her but the two was shown to care about each other, seen in the episodes (and movies) like: The Gary Grill, Megan's First Kiss and Drake & Josh Go Hollywood. Even though it's not often they sometimes say they love each other.
Mindy was Drake and Josh's rival and enemy when she appeared on Honor Council. Then on Mindy's Back, Mindy says she likes Josh and they get together however he needs tell Drake that he and Mindy are couple or Mindy would break up with him. But this moment cause Drake's head to explode on Josh's dream. At the end they get back together and kiss. In Mindy Loves Josh, Mindy tells Josh that she loves him. Josh panics and cannot decide what to do. They break up but get back together in Really Big Shrimp.
Audrey and Josh have an ordinary Mother-Son relationship. They care about each other but he also usually gets scolded and grounded by her.
Walter and Josh have an ordinary Father-Son relationship. But sometimes it's clear that Josh likes Walter better than Audrey. They are both goofy and kinda awkward. They care about each other but when Audrey decides to ground Josh, Walter is usually on her side.
Josh idolizes Oprah and believes she can do anything. He says he used to have a crush on her but it's noticeable that he still does. When someone trash talks or says something about Oprah, Josh usually loses his temper. He always watches her show.
- The only episode where Josh was a minor character was "The Storm" when he only appeared in the opening comment and the first scene. After that, he went to the stage, Drake would be performing at and didn't appear for the rest of the episode.
- He only had one girlfriend, Mindy, but he said that he had many crushes. although he made a bet with drake who can date the most girls.
- It is a recurring gag that many people say he has a big head, or it's "bigger than average".
- Though Drake is much more liked by others, Grammy, Mrs. Hayfer, Mindy and Sammy are the ones who like Josh more.
- He is smarter than Drake and does well in the Regent Park Community.
- He is constantly tortured and harassed by his little step-sister, Megan and formerly Mindy.
- He is a good student.
- Like Drake, Josh's hairstyles changed every season in both Seasons 1 and 2, he had same Season 1 hairstyle, in Season 3 he had longer version of late Season 2 hairstyle, in Season 4 he went back to his Season 1 and 2 hairstyle.
- He is friends with Trevor, Craig Ramirez, Drew, Leah and Eric Blonowitz
- He's a terrible liar, as shown on many occasions, and almost always gets caught when lying.
- He works at The Premiere throughout the whole series. He got to work there since the Season 2 episode, "Movie Job".
- He has a crush on Oprah Winfrey.
- His actor, Josh Peck shares the same first name with him.
- He is Drake's band manager.
- He has lumbar problems.
- It is revealed that he is allergic to cheese balls in "The Bet".
- He got arrested seven times in the episode "Theater Thug".
- He has allergies as shown in the episode "Steered Straight".
- Around Season 3, he lost some weight and he was officially skinny in season 4, but no one noticed his incredible weight loss until Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh.
- Josh is always referring to Megan as Little Girl in almost every episode.
- As mentioned many times, Josh is a magician, though an amateur one as stated by him in The Great Doheny.
- Josh is also known to be a pretty good cook, as he as made chili, brownies, ravioli and a lot more throughout the show.
- Josh weight loss was never noticed until Merry Christmas Drake and Josh
- Every time Josh gets in trouble, he always has trouble explaining things that lands him in hot water with people.
- In Grandfathered he was mentioned and said to be in jail for stalking Oprah.
- To Walter and Audrey, he is the oldest child and first son.
- He is 13-14 in the Unaired Pilot, 14-15(Season 1), 15-16(Season 2), 16-17(Season 3), 17-18(Season 4), and 19-20 in Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh.
- He is a Scorpio♏.
- He loves magic.
- Josh's favorite color is blue.
- Josh's favorite food is nachos.
- Josh's favorite drink is milk.
- His full name is Joshua Michael Nichols.
- He is one year older than Drake Parker and Craig Ramirez.
- His ears are pierced as seen in First Crush when he is wearing earrings.