|I Love Sushi|
|Season 4, Episode 7|
|Air date||November 26, 2006|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Steve Hoefer|
The Great Doheny
I Love Sushi is the seventh episode of the fourth season of Drake & Josh.
As an anniversary gift for Audrey and Walter, Drake and Josh agreed to have their living room redecorated by the company of a show called "Pump My Room", which they have never heard of. The company turned out to be a scam and when they said they were going to redecorate the living room, they really stole the furniture. The police also refuse to help because one of them suffered due to Walter's bad weather predictions. Drake and Josh decide to work at a sushi factory to pay for all the stuff that was stolen. The head-chef in the sushi place is very bossy and mean and makes the two work very hard to package the sushi with disastrous results. When they come home they realize all the furniture is back where it belongs because the police discovered the robbers' moving van had broken down about a half mile up the street.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Cathy Shim as Leah
- Skyler Gisondo as Tyler
- William Luke as Police Officer
- Eddie Driscoll as Sergeant Doty
- George Frangides as Mr. Nadel
- Carolyn Hennesy as Mrs. Abernathy
- Paul Denniston as Scott
- Jessica Landon as Collette
- Diana Perez as Darcy
- The sushi factory scene is a parody tribute to the I Love Lucy episode "Job Switching."
- The episode was also parodied on shows like Sabrina: The Teenage Witch, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Family Guy, and A.N.T. Farm.
- A clip of this episode was seen in Victorious episode, Who Did it to Trina? in Cat's flashback.
- The episodes' plot is recycled from Kenan & Kel episode, "Attack of the Bug Men," when robbers stole their furniture.
- Drake is revealed to be still in shock about Walter marrying his mother after 5 years.
- In this episode, Megan and Tyler call Drake and Josh "boops" instead of "boobs."
- Sergeant Doty is possibly named after George Doty IV, who wrote six of the show's episodes.
- This was the last episode to air in 2006.
- The cop said that Walter predicted sunshine, but it rained on his kid's birthday, so this could take place after The Storm, the next episode. However in that episode, it rained during the night and not during the day so it is likely that his prediction was wrong.
- This is the only episode Tyler pranks on Drake, Josh, and Sergeant Doty.
- Drake and Josh's house empty and them entering the Pump My Room contest is not mentioned in the episode Steered Straight.
- When Drake and Josh are working, the clock in the background does not move. It can be interpreted that clock is broken or is not plugged in at all.
- Walter and Audrey said that the police found the robbers' moving van, with all the stolen furniture, broken down about half a mile up the street from their house. The furniture was stolen on a Saturday (the scammers told Drake and Josh to keep their house empty "this Saturday... from 11am to 5pm") and Drake and Josh's brief stint at the sushi factory took place on the next Saturday (the man who directed them to the job told them to "be there Saturday morning, eight o'clock), after which they came home to discover all the furniture returned. It seems strange that it would take the police a whole week to find a van that was so close to the house, and that the thieves would leave it there for so long without trying to fix it or move the furniture in some other way.
- In this episode Audrey and Walter are supposed to be celebrating their five-year anniversary. However, only two episodes before this in Who's Got Game?, Josh said that he moved in with Drake three years ago. (Josh moved in with Drake at the same time Walter and Audrey got married)
- Tyler brings Drake and Josh some nachos but in the next scene where Drake and Josh are eating the nachos, he's in the kitchen with Megan watching them eat but he couldn't have just went in the kitchen because he just took Josh's money and then left, however it could be possible that Tyler quietly snuck back in the house without Drake and Josh or the camera seeing him or even hearing him come in as the front door didn't even make any sound or him walking in the kitchen.
- When Drake and Josh stuff so many nacho chips in their mouths making it hard for them to talk, if you look closely and can hear carefully that they don't have any nachos in their mouths as they're just pretending to not talk very well because you can see that they open their mouths a few times when they're surprised at Tyler's pranks.
- In the scene where everything is gone and Tyler throwing an egg at the police officer, Tyler wasn't heard or seen coming in the house and sneaking in the kitchen but Megan somehow knew that he was coming over to torture Drake and Josh more even though she was in the backyard.
- Audrey says that she'll bring Walter some juice and he asks for pineapple juice but Audrey doesn't even know that she's got juice because everything is gone, you can see that the cupboards are empty and the shelves so maybe their fridge could be empty too, also Megan says she'll get Walter some juice instead but then she tells the police officer that she's not getting him some juice so Walter didn't even yell down saying where his juice is.
- Just as Megan walks in the house and notices everything is gone, she has her backpack with her, she couldn't have been at school because it's Saturday the weekend, and school couldn't be so late at night either. However she could have possibly been at a friend's house.