|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||March 21, 2004|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Virgil Fabian|
Guitar is the second episode of the second season of Drake & Josh. It aired on March 21, 2004.
Drake has a "party" to try and win tickets to see his favorite band, Zero Gravity. The 9th caller would win. Megan is the 9th caller but Drake persuades her to give him the phone. So Drake wins tickets to his favorite band's concert, Zero Gravity, and he also gets an autographed Cherry Red Fender Stratocaster signed by the lead guitarist, Devin Malone. Josh plugs it into Drake's bad amplifier to show Megan how an electric guitar works, and the guitar explodes.
Josh tries to buy a new one and get it autographed before Drake finds out. Meanwhile, Walter struggles to bond with Drake. Then, Drake finds Josh backstage while Devin Malone signs the guitar. Drake found out about the whole thing, so he wasn't mad. Then, Josh slammed the guitar case closed which jammed Devin's fingers, which meant Devin couldn't perform that night. So, Drake performs on stage instead of Devin Malone.
The manager for Devin Malone comes to Drake and Josh's house, and he gave Drake money for performing. Drake then gives the money to Josh for thanking him for buying a new guitar. Josh had enough for his tanning bed, and possibly a decent haircut.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Mark Matkevich as Devin Malone
- Ian Paul Cassidy as Miles
- Ted Lange as Teacher
- Jeremy Kent Jackson as Guitar Saleman
- Guitar World is clearly a parody of Guitar Center.
- The radio voice is none other than Dan Schneider's voice.
- When Josh claims to Drake that he lost the key to the guitar case after throwing it out the window, a young boy is heard telling his mother that there is a key on the sidewalk. That could possibly be Robbie, the young boy who lives next door to Drake and Josh as seen in the future episodes Josh Is Done and Tree House.
- Josh mentions the tanning bed he was saving up for in the later episode Driver's License.
- This is the second and last appearance of the Rock Shock Concert which returns from the Season 1 episode Grammy.
- When Josh starts looking for the lock in the dresser drawers, he moves the fully open door by hitting it with his arm, which leaves it ajar. Though, right before Drake enters, you can see its in it's original, fully open position.
- It is a little strange that Josh did not instantly know the name of the eighth planet, as he is generally very knowledgeable.
- If you count, it took 10 seconds for them to answer the question.