- "[sarcastically] Good trick, Josh! You made a cheerleader disappear."
|Season 2, Episode 4|
|Air date||April 4, 2004|
|Written by||Story by: Barry O'Brien
Teleplay by: Dan Schneider
|Directed by||Virgil Fabian|
Football is the fourth episode of the second season of Drake & Josh.
Drake convinces Josh that to become cooler he must try out for the football team. Josh does, but to Drake's dismay, he is named the equipment manager.
Drake calls Josh uncool after Josh humiliates him in front of a girl, and encourages him to try out for the school football team to become cool. Josh makes the team as the equipment manager, but Drake still thinks he is uncool. However, Josh finds himself having to play in a crucial game after the brownies he makes for the team makes the center ill (thanks to Megan).
Josh doesn't want to play against the toughest team in the state, so Drake sneaks the school janitor, a former pro player who lost his memory as a result of an accident, into the game in place of Josh. But the janitor gets injured, regaining his memory again, forcing Josh to go and play, where he scores the game-winning touchdown due to Josh's fat body can tackle other team, and Drake finally admits Josh is cool.
During the end credits, Josh talks to a football player who has a neck injury. He tries to massage the football player's neck but he end up twisting it hard which causes the football player to have pain in the neck.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Aaron Hill as Witherspoon
- Tony Longo as Zeke Braxton
- Riley Brock as Nick
- Brandon Quinn as Mark
- Leah Pipes as Mandi
- Rachel Martinez as Nancy
- George Doty IV as Doctor
Click here to view the gallery
Click here to view the transcript
- This is the first episode that Audrey and Walter do not appear on.
- This marks the first episode since to feature just Drake, Josh, and Megan without Audrey and Walter.
- Two bloopers from this episode, along with one blooper from Megan's First Kiss, were shown in the Sam & Cat episode, #BlooperEpisode.
- This is the last episode and only episode in Season 2 to have Virgil Fabian's name Virgil L. Fabian.
- This episode appears as a flashback on Dr. Phyllis Show.
- When Josh does his failed magic trick on the cheerleader, the egg is seen to be completely splattered in her hand, however when Josh lifts the cloth from his hand, the egg shell is seen to be intact.
- Josh replace Witherspoon, but Witherspoon had number 56 on his jersey. While Josh had number 66 on his jersey.
- When Drake and Josh were in conversation in the bedroom, two faces appeared behind the brothers' bunk.
- When Josh says "Oh, yeah", the bottom of the "Wet Paint" sign is pink but when Josh looks up at the sign, the whole thing is black and white.
- In the beginning of the episode, when Drake is seen walking down the hallway, another student (presumably on the team) comes out from the right side of the screen wearing a football jersey with the number 31 on it. In the scene before the game, on the left side, we see a different student wearing the same number 31 jersey.
- In the locker room scene before the game, every player is seen wearing sneakers rather than cleats. We see that the sneakers are not cleats when the janitor (Zeke) is being pulled out on a stretcher and no studs are seen on the bottom.
- Josh was designated to play center as a substitute, so it's not possible for him to score a touchdown as a center so the coach would have had to put him in as either a running back or wide receiver.
- In football, the role of the center is to snap the ball to the quarterback.