|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||January 18, 2004|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Virgil L. Fabian|
Believe Me, Brother
Dune Buggy is the second episode of Drake & Josh. It aired on January 18, 2004.
Drake and Josh are excited to receive a dune buggy from his friend Trevor (Taran Killam), only to find it is broken down. Later, Drake convinces Josh to try out lying after Josh accidentally breaks the TV, but Josh is grounded for doing so. Drake and Josh then fully repair the dune buggy, to the surprise of their parents, who forbid them from driving it. Drake secretly drives it with Trevor anyway and crashes. Drake then must conceal his injuries and the damages to the dune buggy. Josh finds out when he gets a call from the emergency room and confronts Drake about it, angry that all Drake cares about is keeping the accident and his injuries a secret from their parents. Racked with guilt, Drake confesses to Walter and Audrey, and they ground Drake for two weeks, much to Josh's delight. However, due to Drake's injury, his "grounding" is simply staying home from school, resting, and making Josh be his servant.
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols
- Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols
- Miranda Cosgrove as Megan Parker
- Taran Killam as Trevor
- Christopher Michael as Doctor
- When Drake comes to get Josh to get him to help fix the dune buggy, he is listening to the Tony Pajamas sketch from The Amanda Show, which Drake Bell and Josh Peck starred in.
- Drake's mom can be heard in the opening sequence.
- This is the only physical appearance of Trevor, though he is mentioned in multiple other episodes probably because of his getting brain scans.
- This episode reveals that Trevor gets brain scans every month, Josh mentioned that Drake should get a brain scan like his unintelligent friend.
- A deleted scene featured Trevor carrying Drake into the hospital. A woman at the counter says to Trevor, "Car accident?", and Trevor replies "No thanks, we just had one."
- The events of this episode was never mentioned in Steered Straight. This may just be because Drake doesn't want his parents or Trevor's parents to explain this to policemen about what he and Trevor had done.
- The episode featured 3 Nickelodeon light bulb hums, where it usually has 6.
- This episode reveals that Josh is prone to bad luck.
- This is the first time Josh gets on the same page as Megan.
- Josh mentions the dune buggy in the episode Helen's Surgery.
- This is the first episode that Megan doesn't prank Drake and Josh.
- After Drake and Trevor flip in the dune buggy, Drake has a lot of scratches, bruises, and can't walk well. If Trevor was in the dune buggy with him, wouldn't he have gotten hurt too? However, it is likely that Trevor jumped out of the dune buggy right before Drake makes contact with the tree.
- After Josh falls out of the buggy there is a shot of him lying on the floor in which the crash-mat he landed on is visible under the buggy.
- When Drake and Josh first get into the dune buggy, there is a person under it, meaning the buggy was not running.
- Wouldn't the doctor at the hospital have called Drake's parents while he was at the hospital? Also, who's going to pay the hospital bill?
- Drake says he'd put make up all over his cuts but when he gets home and covers up the dune buggy before Josh enters the garage, you can clearly see that Drake doesn't really have make up on him, it looks like that he's got his real skin and his cuts are gone away.
- How Audrey and Walter didn't notice that was Trevor who brought the dune buggy, Also, who's call Trevor's parents about what Trevor did.